The classes for 2014 will be as follows: PRO-Class, Street Machine, Hot Rod, Truck and All American Late Models. All classes will have the following general rules:
- No alcoholic beverages allowed for driver or crew member in the pit or track area.
- DOT tires and tread wear will be limited to 200 minimum. Any tread wear rating below 200 will be exhibition only and times will not be recorded or promoted. No tires can be down to the wear indicators.
- Must have all lug nuts on each wheel and must remove hub caps during runs if equipped.
- Wheel bearings must have no play.
- Batteries must be mounted securely by mechanical fastener to the body or chassis.
- Overflow catch can on the radiator is mandatory.
- All hoses must be in good condition with no cracks, swelling, deterioration or leaks.
- Brake pedal must have good resistance and not go to the floor.
- All wheels must have working brakes of at least 50% of original thickness and fluid must be full with no leaks.
- Steering column must be tight and secured no binding or looseness.
- Seats must be mounted secure to body or chassis.
- Seat belts must be a minimum of a lap belt and secured to the body, bar, seat anchor bolt or frame. Any passenger riding must also have a seatbelt of the same caliber of drivers.
- Gas cap or tank vent must not leak on the track and tank must be securely mounted.
- Fuel tank must be mounted in stock location or SFI/FIA fuel cell mounted securely. (Trucks see rules)
- Exhaust must exit outside of the body or behind driver and securely installed. Mufflers are required with no open exhaust or open headers allowed.
- All entries will have all body panels of such vehicle. (Fenders, doors, hood, deck lid and bed sides on trucks) body must be within 10% of original production. (Hot rod & Truck class have exception in their rules)
- Must have front and rear glass or lexan and side windows must be rolled down during run times.
- Throttle must have a return spring with no binding.
- No leaks under vehicle.
- All entries must be registered participants with Goodguys at the event and must be street licensed, insured, street legal with all lights and safety items and no race cars or purpose built vehicles. (No comp entries can run in the AutoCross except Sponsors of the AutoCross)
- The registered name on the vehicle window sticker will be the only driver that times can be counted or displayed. If you have two drivers you must have two window stickers with the different driver names. If someone else drives the car that is not listed times will not count. Once a driver and car are entered into the Finals that car cannot gain any points for any other driver than the one that was driving it and is now in the finals.
- All entries must run a Goodguys AutoCross decal to run on the track, you will get this after the vehicle has passed tech.
- All Pro-Class participants must run a PRO decal all season. (provided by Goodguys at tech)
- You must be present at the end of your class competition if you are the winner of the class for pictures and the awards. If you are not, the runner up will become the new winner. All winners must go through the awards on Sunday to be considered the winner and receive the awards.
- All passengers must be 18 years or older unless riding with parents and then they must be 16 or older. All competitors and passengers must sign an event waiver.
- Driver must have a state issued license and insurance.
- All loose items must be removed from the vehicle. Including floor mats.
- Helmets are not required but suggested; the course will be designed to keep speeds below 35MPH.
- After any situation the vehicle may have to be re-inspected at the discretion of track official.
- All decisions made by race official will be enforced and are final.
- No unsafe driving will be tolerated.
- No burnouts to or at starting line or outside the safety area.
- Smoking is not permitted in the pits, grid area or inside the racing area at any time.
- No traction control, ABS or All Wheel Drive in any class except All American Late Models.
- Each participant is responsible for any and all damages brought on by themselves or their vehicles at the event. They are responsible for any damages, legal fees and clean-up fees by facility or event coordinators.
- Cone penalty is 1 second added to your time.
- Not stopping at the exit stop sign is an OFF Track penalty with NO time.
Tech will open about one hour before racing starts. Please stay with your car until it has made it through tech and you have your decal. Pit space is limited and will be first come first served. If stalls become open during the day we will fill with cars from the waiting area. The PRO-Class will be the only reserved pit stalls for the other event days. PRO-Class:
Street Machine Class:
- Sponsors of the AutoCross and the 24 drivers from the 2013 Finals Shootout are automatically put into the PRO-Class. The Street Machine, Hot Rod and Truck class winners after each event will be in the PRO-Class for the remainder of that season.
- Sponsor cars must be house cars only, or owned by a full time employee of the sponsor company.
- The driver that was in the vehicle that won its class to move up will be the only driver that can run the car in the PRO-Class and gain any additional points during the season.
- PRO-Class will run at the top of every hour at the discretion of the track officials.
- PRO-Class will be running for an award and the chance to be in a feature in the Goodguys Yearbook at seasons end along with qualifying for the AutoCross Finals Shootout.
- There will be an official PRO-Class decal once you qualify for the PRO-class that must be worn for the season.
- PRO-Class vehicles must be 1972 or older in appearance, representing a production car.
- PRO-Class must be American made AND American Powered vehicles only, this includes the Finals Shootout.
- The PRO-Class will be running with a point system for the season winner. Each event that you run you will get 1 point for running the event and first to tenth will get points ten for first and one for tenth. The classes will be divided and points will go to each class. (Street Machine, Hot Rod, and Truck) The season winners will get a feature in the Goodguys Gazette.
Hot Rod Class:
- All vehicles must be 1955 to 1972 in appearance, representing a production car.
- Goodguys Get-Togethers at Pleasanton will be 1955 and newer.
- All vehicles must be 1954 or older cars in appearance, no trucks, deliveries or panels allowed in this class.
- High-Boys and Roadsters are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
All American Late Models:
- Must be 1972 or older at the National events and all year trucks at the Pleasanton Get-Togethers.
- Any vehicle with a Bed, Panel trucks, Deliveries, El Caminos and Rancheros will be in this class.
- 1940 and older trucks are not required to run fenders or hood sides.
- Fuel tanks do NOT have to be in stock location but must be securely mounted.
- All American Made or American Powered 1973 and newer cars and trucks will be in this class and can only run on Sundays at the Nationals events.
- Tread wear should be production equipped rate or 200 minimum.
Qualifying for all classes (except All American Late Model) will be Friday and Saturday of the National events and Saturday and Sunday of the Get-togethers, with a run-off for the top cars in each class to find the winner. This could be top 2, 4, 8 or 12 car run-off for each class at the discretion of the AutoCross Director and will be a ladder type elimination race to decide the event winner in each class.