Smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em! For the first time in our history, we are staging a tire-frying burnout contest. We need you to help us make it so bitchin’ we have to keep doing them. The big burnout event will be held during the Summer Get-Together, June 3 and 4 at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds.
Here are some basics on the competition:
- The winner will be determined by crowd response alone
- The top three finishers will get awards
- All vehicles entered in the show & shine portion of the Summer Get-Together are eligible to compete once they pass tech inspection
- All drivers must wear long pants, a sleeved shirt, and a helmet
- Manually shifted cars are not allowed – automatics only!
- All competitors must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license
- All vehicles must have driveshaft loops
- All entries must be powered by either gasoline or diesel
- And of course, the vehicles have to be in good condition with no missing body parts
Full contest rules and pre-registration are available here:
The burnout contest will be staged on a freshly-poured concrete pad in the festival lot, which is near the car corral. To participate, head to the festival lot area and get teched-in beginning Saturday at 11:30 am. The competition starts at 12:30 pm. On Sunday, tech opens at 10 am with the competition blasting off at 10:30 am. For additional inquiries, email email@example.com